Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default KPR36XBR

If you are lucky enough to own one of these old beasts that works, I
have some parts.

Mine is filthy from years of neglect, I do not watch TV. Lately I got
the PC to TV converter and things have changed. I have acquired another
of the same model.

My personal unit is running fine but the blue is very soft. Red and
green drives are all the way down and blue is defocused waaaay too much
just to get a decent grayscale. It is not even worth doing the coolant,
and there is some debris and blood etc. on the screen from over the
years.

Up comes this other unit. The focus/screen block went bad and totally
burnt the **** out of the red and green tubes. When I unplugged red and
green the blue displayed a nice blue picture. It also had my missing
speakers and control door. The screen is much better as well.

Since I have now decided to use it in conjunction with the computer, I
have decided to rehab it a bit. Throw the blue tube in (which is one of
the better ones I have seen), clean it, replace the screen and call it
a day.

The blue tube, the control door, screen and red coolant chamber are
spoken for. A friend of mine has the same set that we can't seem to
keep the red coolant clear in, so he gets that.

Other than that it is agreed that these sets are on their way out. His
G2s are almost all the way up, although it does still look good. Mine
looks OK, but once the blue is in, it will look damgood.

However, if you have one that needs anything else. See I could get a
focus/screen block, but it is too late. But then there is a power
supply, all kinds of other stuff, chips you can't get etc., if anyone
is interested post back here and we will take it to email. Lots of this
stuff also fits early direct view XBRs and Profeels.

Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind selling my Profeel stuff. I have the
KX2501 which needs an Hstat, and the normal one does not work, I tried.
Everything else is there, except the speakers of course. I also have
both tuners in good working condition, the 1000 as well as the 1100. I
also have an MLV1100 which makes a Profeel MTS compatible.

Interested in anything ? I am in spring cleaning mode. I do not want to
throw it all out.

No reasonable offer refused. Just make it worth my while to pack it and
ship it and you got a deal. The original cost means nothing. Actually
if you want the power supply I'll have to charge you about $40 for it.
Everything else is cheap. I would say $25 would get you any board in
the set. Also, this parts set has good buttons, unbroken. This is a
gray one, but if you really need a black top, I'd sell you mine and I'd
be happy with the gray. Whatever.

I don't know about you, but I like seeing these old vintage items
running. Like an old car in a way.

If you're in Ohio and can pick the items up, many would be free for the
taking. The Profeel parts, certain things from the XBR, fine. Not
having to ship things is a plus for me. Prices would be comensurate on
whatever isn't free. Actually, if you can carry the Profeel out of here
you can have it. All it needs is an Hstat and some lytics. The CRT is
VERY VERY strong.

Post soon if you need any of this old stuff, I have no space for it.

JURB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hey, Weren't you going to sell me that MLV100 about two years ago?
Anyway would you happen to have an H-Stat for a "Profeel" KX-1901?
It's a little hard to find. Also there's a scratch in the removable
glass in front of the CRT so I could use that too.
Thanks
Mike