Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Convert Subwoofer System AC220V-240V to 110V in US

I have a small subwoofer system that is AC220V-240V, 50/60Hz. I do not
know how many watts the system has.

The system is stand alone, with a woofer and two tweeters, and you can
plug an ipod directly into it for nice sound quality. It is not meant
for use with a surround stereo system.

I was hoping to convert the plug to US-style for 110V, but am not sure
if I need any other converter or other interface.

Could any one please let me know if I will blow this system if I
convert the plug to AC110V and use it in the US?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"gritsaregood" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have a small subwoofer system that is AC220V-240V, 50/60Hz. I do not
know how many watts the system has.

The system is stand alone, with a woofer and two tweeters, and you can
plug an ipod directly into it for nice sound quality. It is not meant
for use with a surround stereo system.

I was hoping to convert the plug to US-style for 110V, but am not sure
if I need any other converter or other interface.

Could any one please let me know if I will blow this system if I
convert the plug to AC110V and use it in the US?

Probably won't work. Try a video store run by foreigners (East Indian or the
like) for a step up transformer. Cycles are no problem.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/

http://www.hammondmfg.com/298.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

gritsaregood wrote:
I have a small subwoofer system that is AC220V-240V, 50/60Hz. I do not
know how many watts the system has.

The system is stand alone, with a woofer and two tweeters, and you can
plug an ipod directly into it for nice sound quality. It is not meant
for use with a surround stereo system.

I was hoping to convert the plug to US-style for 110V, but am not sure
if I need any other converter or other interface.

Could any one please let me know if I will blow this system if I
convert the plug to AC110V and use it in the US?

What sort of power supply does it use? If it has a transformer you can
hope it has multiple primary windings or taps, otherwise replace the
transformer or use a stepup transformer. If it has a switchmode PSU then
it's usually configurable with a jumper.

110v - 240v Yankee tolls in Oz John B Woodworking 4 February 23rd 06 07:50 AM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM
Convert standard HW/CH system to Combi Bolier Charlie UK diy 5 July 10th 03 04:43 PM