Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BF BF is offline

Default Toshiba 13" Flat Square - Random dots(snow) in wave pattern on ALL inputs 14AF43 / M3M827

I have a Toshiba 13" Flat Square Stereo TV with 3 video inputs, including
composite, S, component.

The model # is 14AF43, the chassis is M3M827. MFG Sept 2003

Regardless of the input, or tuner, signal or none, the screen is overlayed
with random dots, about 1/4" apart horizontally on average. The top half of
the screen has more of them, and is pretty linear. The upper middle has a
lot that bend from the left forming a peak of a wave a few times thru the
screen, and the bottom half has fewer with larger wave crests.

By wave, I mean, think of a 4" vertical line on the left side of the screen,
and make it act like a spline and drag the middle towards the center of the
screen, stretching the dot pattern accordingly. The image shifts constantly
but is this basic pattern.

This is pure noise, sorta like "snow" on an RF tuner, but happens on all
inputs, even without anything connected to them. Does anyone have any idea
what could be wrong with it/where to start looking. TV is immaculate
condition outside and inside and with all the inputs I can't bring myself to
toss it since it has a great picture otherwise.

Pictures available if that will help diagnose.

Thanks. Please respond to the group if possible.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

BF wrote:

[...]

sounds like filter caps in the switching supply ?

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5