Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AC/DC Transformer Repair Needed

I'm a student that inherited a Cobalt Qube 2 (server appliance) that I
run linux on and use it to store MP3s and test PHP code.
Unfortunately, I've determined the power brick has died. I cracked
open the brick and was able to was able to measure the correct VAC and
Amp for the input but the output end was completely dead. The output
should be 12VDC, 3.3A. In reality, I'd just buy a replacement but it
has a 3-pin round plug into the appliance and since the device was
EOLed ~5 years ago, I can't seem to find a replacement. Does anyone
know an individual or company that could repair this and approximately
how much it would cost?

Thanks for any help!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Suggest that you ask Reggie Grant of Cisco Repair for a quote:

Repair contact web page:

http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power...-inventory.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Cisco must have a bot working to post a reply that fast!?

Depending on the pinout for the power supply you could just cut the end off
and wire it indto a standard AT or ATX computer supply. I'm sure that would
be much cheaper than paying cisco to fix it.

If it only requires 12vdc like you said it shouldn't be a problem using a
standard psu or even a standard 12v power brick that is big enough.

- Mike

oups.com...