Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CTC187 pincussion

I've got a CTC187 with pincussion distortion, sides are bowed in. Seems
to be a fairly common problem which is usually cured by changing a
capacitor. Problem is I'm not sure where to get parts anymore? I have
the RCA part numbers but I haven't had the usual luck with Google,
there's so much noise these days. Where's a good place to order this
stuff anymore?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Tony Marsillo wrote:
http://www.tritronicsinc.com/onramp.htm

"James Sweet" wrote in message
I've got a CTC187 with pincussion distortion, sides are bowed in. Seems to
be a fairly common problem which is usually cured by changing a capacitor.
Problem is I'm not sure where to get parts anymore? I have the RCA part
numbers but I haven't had the usual luck with Google, there's so much
noise these days. Where's a good place to order this stuff anymore?

If you can't see bloated caps at C4407 or 4403 then you may not even
need parts. Usually on 187's the pincushion problem is normally a high
resistance pad where the pin damper diode and C4407 connect. Rather
large pad that you need to scrape down and reflow solder there. 9 times
out of 10 that was the fix.

www.techdata-kicksass.net

CTC187 dead Mike Bates Electronics Repair 4 January 31st 06 06:50 PM
Question on CTC187 was blown HOT. Jason D. Electronics Repair 0 January 21st 06 01:44 AM
CTC187 R.C.A. Vince Electronics Repair 1 September 13th 05 06:55 AM
Need help with CTC187 blooming/regulation problem Sofie Electronics Repair 2 March 15th 05 06:43 AM
CTC187 Krystonjd Electronics Repair 3 March 27th 04 12:19 PM