Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Skype and amp output on same connector?

I have a splitter on my line out on my pc on which i have my headset and
output to amp.
Now this causes the volume to be much softer, i guess due to added
resistance.
Can i do something to stop this from happening, such as, diode in line or...
I know i can put a selector switch, but i want it to be as "idiot proof" as
possible.
Any suggestions, will a diode do it?

Bart Bervoets

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Bart Bervoets" wrote in message
I have a splitter on my line out on my pc on which i have my headset and
output to amp.
Now this causes the volume to be much softer, i guess due to added
resistance.
Can i do something to stop this from happening, such as, diode in line
or...
I know i can put a selector switch, but i want it to be as "idiot proof"
as possible.
Any suggestions, will a diode do it?

No! You'll end up with horribly distorted audio. Think about what diodes do
to AC waveforms and the answer should be obvious.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

No! You'll end up with horribly distorted audio. Think about what diodes
do
to AC waveforms and the answer should be obvious.

Right, didn't think of that, i guess it has to be a switch then, just that
someone else also uses
this machine.

Bart Bervoets

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Morse wrote:
"Bart Bervoets" wrote in message
I have a splitter on my line out on my pc on which i have my headset and
output to amp.
Now this causes the volume to be much softer, i guess due to added
resistance.
Can i do something to stop this from happening, such as, diode in line
or...
I know i can put a selector switch, but i want it to be as "idiot proof"
as possible.
Any suggestions, will a diode do it?

No! You'll end up with horribly distorted audio. Think about what diodes do
to AC waveforms and the answer should be obvious.

Dave

He obviously dosen't even know what a diode is...probably read it in a
book somewhere. This is what they make 'audio mixers' for!