Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic VCR PV-9400: cassette stuck

Hello, the videocassette in a Panasonic VCR PV-9400 is stuck inside.
What is the best way to get it out? My guess is that the tape is stuck
on the mechanism. Thanks, WHS

--
WHS MediaSpec
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

WHS MediaSpec om wrote
in er.com:

Hello, the videocassette in a Panasonic VCR PV-9400 is stuck inside.
What is the best way to get it out? My guess is that the tape is stuck
on the mechanism. Thanks, WHS

Take a look at repairfaq.org for the answer to this question. I'm not
affiliated, just read the answer there several years ago.

Puckdropper

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Puckdropper ) writes:
WHS MediaSpec om wrote
in er.com:

Hello, the videocassette in a Panasonic VCR PV-9400 is stuck inside.
What is the best way to get it out? My guess is that the tape is stuck
on the mechanism. Thanks, WHS

Take a look at repairfaq.org for the answer to this question. I'm not
affiliated, just read the answer there several years ago.

That's interesting you put in a disclaimer, given that it's not
some random site, but the FAQ for this newsgroup. That is the
very first place people should be looking before they post here,
since so many things can be answered in it. There is the VCR First
Aid section, I forget the exact title, which is precisely about
getting a stuck tape out of a machine.

Sam has put a lot work into the FAQ, but it is a collective work.
People who have posted here over the years have found some of
their post(s) in the FAQ, properly credited. So it's hardly a
commercial site that one should feel a need to insist that they
are not promoting the site for personal gain.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael Black wrote:
Puckdropper ) writes:
WHS MediaSpec om wrote
in er.com:

[...]

I would go straight to that FAQ section rather than trying to get
the tape out of the VCR by hit-or-miss tactics. I had a Panasonic VCR
some years ago with VCR Plus+ that ate a cassette. (The machine was out
of warranty by this time, of course.) I had to practically wreck the
VCR to get the cassette out (I wish I had known about the VCR First Aid
website then; if I had, I might still have that VCR today, in working
order). The irony was that the machine ate a tape on which I had
recorded a TV show just an hour or so earlier. Never even saw the tape
once. (Ouch!)

Jeff, WB8NHV
Fairport Harbor, Ohio USA