Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sharp DLP Projector: Power light flashing

I have a Sharp PG-M25X DLP projector that is completely dead apart
from the power LED which flashes red approximately once a second. The
lamp and temp lights are both off. I've checked it over for obvious
problems. It doesn't respond to any buttons on the projector, or
remote. I suspect it's an error indicator, but it's not mentioned in
the operator manual. Can anyone tell me what it could mean?
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fixed one recently that had a bad DC-DC converter board and the LED just
flashed.

Leonard

"Andy Cuffe" wrote in message
I have a Sharp PG-M25X DLP projector that is completely dead apart
from the power LED which flashes red approximately once a second. The
lamp and temp lights are both off. I've checked it over for obvious
problems. It doesn't respond to any buttons on the projector, or
remote. I suspect it's an error indicator, but it's not mentioned in
the operator manual. Can anyone tell me what it could mean?
Andy Cuffe

It has removed 2624 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:41:17 -0700, Andy Cuffe
wrote:

I have a Sharp PG-M25X DLP projector that is completely dead apart
from the power LED which flashes red approximately once a second. The
lamp and temp lights are both off. I've checked it over for obvious
problems. It doesn't respond to any buttons on the projector, or
remote. I suspect it's an error indicator, but it's not mentioned in
the operator manual. Can anyone tell me what it could mean?
Andy Cuffe

I checked over the power supply today and it turned out to be just a
bad power relay. The confusing part was that it made contact for an
instant at turn on. This made it look like the power supply was going
into shut down.
Andy Cuffe