Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba Tv Cx29790 dead

It died suddenly after 14 good years. Can't turn it on. The yellow led in
front turns on when the power cord is plugged to a power outlet. No reaction
from the power switch. No picture no sound.
I replaced the horizontal transistor ( it was shorted ).
I suspected something with power supply, but with no schematic it's
difficult to troubleshoot.
Any advice with on troubleshooting or access to the schematic greatly
appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Antek:
The schematics may be of little help unless you first can do some basic
troubleshooting and testing without them. There are NO step by step
troubleshooting procedures and the schematics are only most useful to those
who are experienced in television repair. A dead set can many times be one
of the simpler repair scenarios.
Obvious first steps after your visual inspection would be dust off your DMM
and to test the power supply components and look for properly regulated B+,
in addition you should test the HOT to see if it is shorted and test for
other faulty components in that area of the cicuitry.
You may want to go to the website for this newsgroup at
www.repairfaq.org
there, with some of your search time, you will find a weath of repair,
troubleshooting, testing and safety information.
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair