Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA width problem

Hey group, have a RCA model #G27751AT. The screen is stretched
horizontally. The horiz. adjustment has no effect. I tried tracing the
circuit back from here, and tested a few components, but without a
schematic, I'm kinda lost. Hoping somone with RCA knowledge here can
get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks as always.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Golf" wrote in news:1153354194.860394.127110
@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Hey group, have a RCA model #G27751AT. The screen is stretched
horizontally. The horiz. adjustment has no effect. I tried tracing the
circuit back from here, and tested a few components, but without a
schematic, I'm kinda lost. Hoping somone with RCA knowledge here can
get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks as always.

Is the horizontal stretched too wide or too narrow?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jim Land (NO SPAM) wrote:
"Golf" wrote in news:1153354194.860394.127110
@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Hey group, have a RCA model #G27751AT. The screen is stretched
horizontally. The horiz. adjustment has no effect. I tried tracing the
circuit back from here, and tested a few components, but without a
schematic, I'm kinda lost. Hoping somone with RCA knowledge here can
get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks as always.

Is the horizontal stretched too wide or too narrow?

It is stretched too wide.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Look for a bad diode & or capacitor in the pin cushion correction
circuit. Location CR4106 for the diode, & C4402, or C4403...not
sure on the exact locations as they vary from set to set. Also, if
you leave it much longer, it will kill the whole set. Hope this helps,
Dani.

Golf wrote:
Hey group, have a RCA model #G27751AT. The screen is stretched
horizontally. The horiz. adjustment has no effect. I tried tracing the
circuit back from here, and tested a few components, but without a
schematic, I'm kinda lost. Hoping somone with RCA knowledge here can
get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks as always.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for the help, but if you could tell me the location of the pin
cushion circuit...................I am fairly new to repair. I haven't
seen any 4 number componenets. Only 3 number. Thanks again.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Golf wrote:
Hey group, have a RCA model #G27751AT. The screen is stretched
horizontally. The horiz. adjustment has no effect. I tried tracing the
circuit back from here, and tested a few components, but without a
schematic, I'm kinda lost. Hoping somone with RCA knowledge here can
get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks as always.

A drop in HIGH VOLTAGE ???, or has Horizontal Sweep frequency
decreased ?? ie is the image normal except for the OVER Sweep or has the
sweep frequency dropped low enough to show two images side by side ?

Yukio YANO