DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   hakko/metcal where buy? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/168844-hakko-metcal-where-buy.html)

ml July 11th 06 03:13 AM

hakko/metcal where buy?

hi

i am in the usa and need a Hakko solderstation and a desolder unit, prob
some smt tweeezers too

was thinking about hakko guessing it'd be cheeper than the metcals'
with my budget

anyway, so anyone know of a place w/good prices on the hakko

a good referb/used place is ok too

thanks

John - KD5YI July 11th 06 03:32 AM

hakko/metcal where buy?

ml wrote:
hi

i am in the usa and need a Hakko solderstation and a desolder unit, prob
some smt tweeezers too

was thinking about hakko guessing it'd be cheeper than the metcals'
with my budget

anyway, so anyone know of a place w/good prices on the hakko

a good referb/used place is ok too

thanks

Google "hakko soldering" (178,000 hits).

ml July 11th 06 11:02 AM

hakko/metcal where buy?

In article U4Esg.3343$Th7.2446@trnddc05,
John - KD5YI wrote:

ml wrote:
hi

i am in the usa and need a Hakko solderstation and a desolder unit, prob
some smt tweeezers too

was thinking about hakko guessing it'd be cheeper than the metcals'
with my budget

anyway, so anyone know of a place w/good prices on the hakko

a good referb/used place is ok too

thanks

Google "hakko soldering" (178,000 hits).

that really wouldn't help me find a known good place, nor a place that
offers 'cheep/good' pricing,

even assuming all 'hits' were the sum total of all the 'good' places

that's why i posted, i was looking for some shared experience,
otherwise i do in fact know how to use 'goodle' etc

thanks so much for your help

John - KD5YI July 11th 06 04:49 PM

hakko/metcal where buy?

John - KD5YI wrote:

ml wrote:

hi

i am in the usa and need a Hakko solderstation and a desolder unit, prob
some smt tweeezers too

was thinking about hakko guessing it'd be cheeper than the metcals'
with my budget

anyway, so anyone know of a place w/good prices on the hakko

a good referb/used place is ok too

thanks

Google "hakko soldering" (178,000 hits).

that really wouldn't help me find a known good place, nor a place that
offers 'cheep/good' pricing,

even assuming all 'hits' were the sum total of all the 'good' places

that's why i posted, i was looking for some shared experience,
otherwise i do in fact know how to use 'goodle' etc

Why didn't you say you wanted to share experience? You go first.

thanks so much for your help

You're welcome.

ampdoc July 12th 06 04:45 PM

hakko/metcal where buy?

East Coast Transistor.
www.kenwoodparts.com

call them. They do not have everything they handle in their online catalog,
and they do sell Hakko.

Jammy

Matt J. McCullar July 13th 06 05:23 AM

hakko/metcal where buy?

Surprisingly, I found some good Hakko soldering equipment on sale at Fry's
Electronics here in Arlington, TX last week.

Jim Land July 13th 06 06:45 AM

hakko/metcal where buy?

"Matt J. McCullar" wrote in
et:

Surprisingly, I found some good Hakko soldering equipment on sale at
Fry's Electronics here in Arlington, TX last week.

Just checked Fry's Outpost and found four pages of Hakko!
http://tinyurl.com/qqtqe