Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Inty XP

Default 2N60B substitute?

In data Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:07:35 +0200, Bart Bervoets
ha scritto:

Any numbers i can substitute for this?
From a compaq pc power supply and this supply is
very expensive, so it's worth to try fixing.
After fixing i test in an old PII so if it blows, i don't take
the good machine down.

Try 2N1925,2N476,AC126,MP21G.

Bart Bervoets

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field

newsp.tbpminj9eliyee@s-athlon...
ha scritto:

Any numbers i can substitute for this?
From a compaq pc power supply and this supply is
very expensive, so it's worth to try fixing.
After fixing i test in an old PII so if it blows, i don't take
the good machine down.

Try 2N1925,2N476,AC126,MP21G.

Bart Bervoets

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg

It looks likely the OP has made an error in identifying the part - it
doesn't seem very likely that an ancient germanium transistor would be found
in a Compaq PC-PSU!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Liebermann

"Bart Bervoets" hath wroth:

Any numbers i can substitute for this?
From a compaq pc power supply and this supply is
very expensive, so it's worth to try fixing.
After fixing i test in an old PII so if it blows, i don't take
the good machine down.

Wrong part number. You're missing some digits in the part number. My
guess is that it's a 2n60xx or something similar. The "B" might
actually be an "8" but I doubt it. The 2n608 is an old small signal
PNP TO-5 xsistor which would never appear in a modern power supply.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Inty XP

In data Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:29:59 +0200, ian field
ha scritto:

It looks likely the OP has made an error in identifying the part - it
doesn't seem very likely that an ancient germanium transistor would be

2N60B = N-Channel 600 Volt Mosfet (I-PAK)

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

"Bart Bervoets" hath wroth:

Any numbers i can substitute for this?
From a compaq pc power supply and this supply is
very expensive, so it's worth to try fixing.
After fixing i test in an old PII so if it blows, i don't take
the good machine down.

Wrong part number. You're missing some digits in the part number. My
guess is that it's a 2n60xx or something similar. The "B" might
actually be an "8" but I doubt it. The 2n608 is an old small signal
PNP TO-5 xsistor which would never appear in a modern power supply.

Oops. It probably really is a 2N60B.
http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/IXYS...IXGH32N60B.pdf

It's carried by both Digikey and Mouser.
http://www.digikey.com
http://www.mouser.com
so no substitute is really necessary.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field

newsp.tbpq7xpgeliyee@s-athlon...
ha scritto:

It looks likely the OP has made an error in identifying the part - it
doesn't seem very likely that an ancient germanium transistor would be

2N60B = N-Channel 600 Volt Mosfet (I-PAK)

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg

"Try 2N1925,2N476,AC126,MP21G" Hmm!?.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Inty XP

In data Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:45:41 +0200, ian field
ha scritto:

"Try 2N1925,2N476,AC126,MP21G" Hmm!?.

Maybe the Datasheetarchive gave me those equivalent
with the "2N60" and not for a "2N60B"

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field

newsp.tbpu1vk4eliyee@s-athlon...
ha scritto:

"Try 2N1925,2N476,AC126,MP21G" Hmm!?.

Maybe the Datasheetarchive gave me those equivalent
with the "2N60" and not for a "2N60B"

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg

Someone else posted this elsewhere on this thread
http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/IXYS...IXGH32N60B.pdf
Which looks a little more likely, so it does look as if the OP gave an
incomplete code, kind of like the Japanese transistors starting 2SA always
leave off the 2S part and just print something like A1258 etc but it seems a
bit naughty to print 2N60B instead of IXGH32N60B - they must have known some
people would mistake this for the numbers used in the 50's!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Inty XP

ha scritto:

"Try 2N1925,2N476,AC126,MP21G" Hmm!?.

Maybe the Datasheetarchive gave me those equivalent
with the "2N60" and not for a "2N60B"

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg

Someone else posted this elsewhere on this thread
http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/IXYS...IXGH32N60B.pdf
Which looks a little more likely, so it does look as if the OP gave an
incomplete code, kind of like the Japanese transistors starting 2SA
always
leave off the 2S part and just print something like A1258 etc but it
seems a
bit naughty to print 2N60B instead of IXGH32N60B - they must have known
some
people would mistake this for the numbers used in the 50's!

If you search for 2N60, you'll find more likely a germanium transistor
If you search for 2N60B you'll find a IXGH32N60B, or SSW2N60B or
SSI2N60B.łął

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

"Bart Bervoets" hath wroth:

Any numbers i can substitute for this?

From a compaq pc power supply and this supply is

very expensive, so it's worth to try fixing.
After fixing i test in an old PII so if it blows, i don't take
the good machine down.

Wrong part number. You're missing some digits in the part number. My
guess is that it's a 2n60xx or something similar. The "B" might
actually be an "8" but I doubt it. The 2n608 is an old small signal
PNP TO-5 xsistor which would never appear in a modern power supply.

no, the part number is correct. and its a 2N60B not 8 thats a "BEEEEE"
not eight!
and it is a 600V N-Mos Fet .

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ha scritto:

"Try 2N1925,2N476,AC126,MP21G" Hmm!?.

Maybe the Datasheetarchive gave me those equivalent
with the "2N60" and not for a "2N60B"

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg

Someone else posted this elsewhere on this thread
http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/IXYS...IXGH32N60B.pdf
Which looks a little more likely, so it does look as if the OP gave an
incomplete code, kind of like the Japanese transistors starting 2SA always
leave off the 2S part and just print something like A1258 etc but it seems a
bit naughty to print 2N60B instead of IXGH32N60B - they must have known some
people would mistake this for the numbers used in the 50's!

http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/2N-001.html has the specs on
both 2N60 & 2N60B from the 1970 Motorola Semiconductor data manual.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bart Bervoets wrote:
Any numbers i can substitute for this?
From a compaq pc power supply and this supply is
very expensive, so it's worth to try fixing.
After fixing i test in an old PII so if it blows, i don't take
the good machine down.

Bart Bervoets

No way that's a 2N60B! The part numbers in that range were allocated
around 1955 or so, and all those germanium transistors were obsolete by
1962.

I'd slip in a whole new power supply. At $30 to $90 it's cheaper than
trying to fix an old one.

BTW there's a 79% chance there's more wrong with the old PS than just
this blown transistor. How are the other semiconductors? How are
those electrolytics? How's the FAN?