Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fabian

Default CMOS looks burned, isn't it ?

Hi,

Here is beelow 2 pictures of an embeded electronic board.

Upper view:
http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn09324qb.jpg
Back view:
http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn09340pp.jpg

I would like to know your opinion about the state of the 4 CMOS 823
components (I remeber from my engineer studies that "black" color is not
good

Thanks

Fabian
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pooh Bear

Fabian wrote:

Hi,

Here is beelow 2 pictures of an embeded electronic board.

Upper view:
http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn09324qb.jpg
Back view:
http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn09340pp.jpg

I would like to know your opinion about the state of the 4 CMOS 823
components (I remeber from my engineer studies that "black" color is not
good

It would help if you had the first idea what you were talking about !

Those components are resistors, not anything to do with CMOS and they're black
because that's the colour they are made !

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fabian wrote:
Hi,

Here is beelow 2 pictures of an embeded electronic board.

Upper view:
http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn09324qb.jpg
Back view:
http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn09340pp.jpg

I would like to know your opinion about the state of the 4 CMOS 823
components (I remeber from my engineer studies that "black" color is not
good

Thanks

Fabian

Pooh Bear covered the electronics issue.

FYI, you can reduce the size of the picture to speed up downloads for
those of us that don't have as good. I use Photoshop to reduce pixel
counts, usually to 800x600 and up the compression a little (lower
quality setting). 100-200K pictures email faster and look reasonable -
certainly adequate for what you posted.

GG

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fabian

Pooh Bear a écrit :

Fabian wrote:

Hi,

Here is beelow 2 pictures of an embeded electronic board.

Upper view:
http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn09324qb.jpg
Back view:
http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn09340pp.jpg

I would like to know your opinion about the state of the 4 CMOS 823
components (I remeber from my engineer studies that "black" color is not
good

It would help if you had the first idea what you were talking about !

Those components are resistors, not anything to do with CMOS and they're black
because that's the colour they are made !

Graham

Hi Graham,

You are totaly right that I do not know a lot on electronic.
But when I was talking of a "black", I wasn't speaking of the components
in themselves, but on the motherboard color aspect.
From the whole board, the only part looking differently is the one I
have taken with this "black" aspect.

Fabian
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pooh Bear

Fabian wrote:

Pooh Bear a écrit :

Fabian wrote:

[...]

From the whole board, the only part looking differently is the one I
have taken with this "black" aspect.

It looks to me like the *board* / pcb has been slightly burnt by the 3 resistors on
your 'back' view that have run hot. See the brown discolouration on the bodies.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pooh Bear

wrote:

Fabian wrote:
[...]

Irfanview ( free ) will reduce the file size nicely too.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:37:42 +0200, Fabian
wrote:

Hi,

Here is beelow 2 pictures of an embeded electronic board.

Upper view:
http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn09324qb.jpg
Back view:
http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn09340pp.jpg

I would like to know your opinion about the state of the 4 CMOS 823
components (I remeber from my engineer studies that "black" color is not
good

Thanks

Fabian

I would resolder all those connections in that area. Some of them
look cracked due to heat. That amount of heat discoloration isn't
unusual.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc

I believe those are resistors and what you are seeing around them, the
brownish stuff, is just flux from soldering. Were they perhaps replaced by
hand at one time?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Inty XP

In data Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:49:27 +0200, Pooh Bear
ha scritto:

Fabian wrote:

Pooh Bear a écrit :

Fabian wrote:

[...]

From the whole board, the only part looking differently is the one I
have taken with this "black" aspect.

It looks to me like the *board* / pcb has been slightly burnt by the 3
resistors on
your 'back' view that have run hot. See the brown discolouration on the
bodies.

yes, because this seems a power PCB and overheating is normal.

Graham

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg