Posted to sci.electronics.repair
sunil

Default Reg voltage convertor

Hi,
I am buying a thermophore kit in US that will be used in India. I
have no clue if I need to buy any additional stuff like voltage
convertors, etc so that it can be used, any help is greatly
appreciated, the weblink for the product is at:
http://www.thermophore.com/arthritis.html, the specs are at
http://www.thermophore.com/cgi-bin/n...pid=4033700055
specs say 120V, 200 watts, 60HZ A.C.....
Thanks,
Sunil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc

Yes. India has 240 volts. You will need a transformer (probably best
bought in India) that converts 240 to 120 volts and can handle 200 watts.
That will not be cheap. Better yet, check with the vendor and see if they
can supply a 240-volt version of their product. Or, if their product
contains nothing but heating elements, a cheaper rectifier-type converter
might work; they should be able to advise.

"sunil" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I am buying a thermophore kit in US that will be used in India. I
have no clue if I need to buy any additional stuff like voltage
convertors, etc so that it can be used, any help is greatly
appreciated, the weblink for the product is at:
http://www.thermophore.com/arthritis.html, the specs are at
http://www.thermophore.com/cgi-bin/n...pid=4033700055
specs say 120V, 200 watts, 60HZ A.C.....
Thanks,
Sunil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc

Looking at it -- it's apparently just a heating pad, and the cheaper type of
converter (the kind that is for "lights, heating elements, and resistive
loads") should work.

But can't you buy heating pads in India? Or buy a British one?

"sunil" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I am buying a thermophore kit in US that will be used in India. I
have no clue if I need to buy any additional stuff like voltage
convertors, etc so that it can be used, any help is greatly
appreciated, the weblink for the product is at:
http://www.thermophore.com/arthritis.html, the specs are at
http://www.thermophore.com/cgi-bin/n...pid=4033700055
specs say 120V, 200 watts, 60HZ A.C.....
Thanks,
Sunil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar

On 17 Jun 2006 20:25:52 -0700, "sunil"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi,
I am buying a thermophore kit in US that will be used in India. I
have no clue if I need to buy any additional stuff like voltage
convertors, etc so that it can be used, any help is greatly
appreciated, the weblink for the product is at:
http://www.thermophore.com/arthritis.html, the specs are at
http://www.thermophore.com/cgi-bin/n...pid=4033700055
specs say 120V, 200 watts, 60HZ A.C.....
Thanks,
Sunil

The Standard product is 14" x 27". Why not buy two Medium products
(14" x 14") and wire them in series?

It'll cost you $120 instead of $75, but that should be cheaper than a
200VA transformer.

- Franc Zabkar