DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Samsung LCD TV problem,LN-R268W (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/165599-samsung-lcd-tv-problem-ln-r268w.html)

[email protected] June 14th 06 04:46 AM

Samsung LCD TV problem,LN-R268W

I am looking at an LN-R268w, chassis RE26UO that I received in a
wholesale lot.
Problem is it will have intermittent audio and tuner. It seems to
happen more after warm up. It seem logical to think a common voltage
could be an issue.

You can power it off than back on and it may be fine or switch to no
audio. The first time I powered it on it had no audio, than after
setting the power on/off chime to on audio worked.

I cannot found a bad connection and tapping or flexing main board has
no effect.
Does anybody know if this could be a firmware issue. Manufacture date
is Oct 2005, is it possible to get samsung wty without a proof of
purchase.
Thanks,
Karl K

Mike Berger June 14th 06 05:20 PM

Samsung LCD TV problem,LN-R268W

If you got it in a wholesale lot, it's possible it was already
replaced under warranty and the manufacturer considered it scrapped.

Art June 15th 06 01:53 AM

Samsung LCD TV problem,LN-R268W

Time to buy the service literature, if any is available, and start actual
diagnostic testing on the item.