DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony KV32FS100 Setup Menu Pops up (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/161582-sony-kv32fs100-setup-menu-pops-up.html)

RJ May 16th 06 03:29 AM

Sony KV32FS100 Setup Menu Pops up

When I Initialy turn on the TV using the remote control the initial
setup menu has been popping up.
No power losses. No flashing clocks in the house. Not sure were to
start.

Thanks

RJ

kip May 16th 06 03:40 AM

Sony KV32FS100 Setup Menu Pops up

Contaminated Tac switches...Very common.
They need to be replaced.

kip

oups.com...

RJ May 16th 06 03:56 AM

Sony KV32FS100 Setup Menu Pops up

Would you happen to have a part number? Wich ones do I replace.
Are these on the remote control or the front panel?

Would opening the remote and cleaning under the rubber pad help. I have
a plastic tool I use to open cell phones that works pretty good on
remotes.

Thanks for the help

RJ

[email protected] May 16th 06 07:41 AM

Sony KV32FS100 Setup Menu Pops up

there may be problem in the STK(power control) part of your TV . If it
is so call to the company's service center and do replace it from them .

Leonard Caillouet May 16th 06 10:23 PM

Sony KV32FS100 Setup Menu Pops up

Windex syndrome? Kip is likely correct. Look to the control panel in the
set for bad switches.

Leonard

oups.com...