Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA PTK195 Chassis

I have run into about 4 or 5 sets with this problem. Set will work for
from 30 min to an hour or more, then a black bar comes into center of
picture & spreads vertically untill screen is blanked completely out
(black) Cooling the T chip will restore picture, even puting finger to
body of chip will correct problem a short while. I have been unable to
locate the problem. I just put a small computer fan blowing down on the
T Chip & seems to be fine. Has any one run into this if so HELP I
sent one to a chassis rebuilder (TWICE) for repair the second time it
worked after a 2 month wait. It came back with (NO PROBLEM FOUND) but
it worked & as far as I know it is still working

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ALL PTK195 are the same P52820BL

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

No they are not....
kip
wrote in message
oups.com...
ALL PTK195 are the same P52820BL

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Look for Glycol leaking from CRT,s onto board
around the Micro and Eprom also the chipper checker socket
I have done plenty of those caused by leaking Glycol.
If you have to remove all three and make sure as if it gets under
chipper socket ..this you cannot see without removing.
It also can get under eprom...

kip
wrote in message
oups.com...
ALL PTK195 are the same P52820BL

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

That was one of the 1st things I checked. This is a tempature related
problem possiably caused a incorrect voltage, causing T Chip to run
hoter than normal. The 1st one I got in I even changed thr T Chip to
no avail. Glueing a heat sync helps but not a cure (on T Chip)
However a small computer power supply fan will keep it cool enough.
Another shop in town tried this several months ago & set has not been
back. I appreciate any suggestions I can get on this