DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ITT Tech (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/156433-itt-tech.html)

[email protected] May 6th 06 09:14 PM

ITT Tech

What does the ITT stand for in ITT Tech?

Jeff Liebermann May 6th 06 09:41 PM

ITT Tech

hath wroth:

What does the ITT stand for in ITT Tech?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITT_Technical_Institute
(30 seconds with Google).
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

David L. Foreman May 7th 06 02:13 AM

ITT Tech

On 6 May 2006 13:14:16 -0700, wrote:

What does the ITT stand for in ITT Tech?

International Telephone and Telegraph.

Michael Kennedy May 7th 06 06:22 AM

ITT Tech

hmm.. Good info.. I've always wondered what it stood for, but never bothered
to look it up..

- Mike

Tom MacIntyre May 7th 06 05:00 PM

ITT Tech

On Sun, 7 May 2006 01:22:13 -0400, "Michael Kennedy"
wrote:

hmm.. Good info.. I've always wondered what it stood for, but never bothered
to look it up..

- Mike

"David L. Foreman" wrote in message
.. .
On 6 May 2006 13:14:16 -0700, wrote:

What does the ITT stand for in ITT Tech?

International Telephone and Telegraph.

They really lucked into the "IT" part, didn't they?

Tom

rb May 7th 06 10:11 PM

ITT Tech

Institute of Technical Training

wrote in message
oups.com...
What does the ITT stand for in ITT Tech?

[email protected] May 8th 06 12:04 AM

ITT Tech

What's Institute of Technical Training?

distar97 May 8th 06 04:59 AM

ITT Tech

wrote:
What does the ITT stand for in ITT Tech?

The school using the name ITT is a sort of 'old school' marketing ploy.

ITT was once a famous communications giant and industry leader.
So the name has value if tied to a tech school. The precedent for this
naming
practice is the famous RCA institute. Decades ago, this was a great
tech
school. RCA, then an industry leader, was actually involved, giving the
school
credibility.

The funny thing is few young students know what ITT represents, the
name
doesn't have the cache is used to. Frankly I would try and get a
franchise for
the name of a current big company like Intel or Google.

Sadly, tech work doesn't seem to be the same in our throw-away society.

Dennis H. (former IBM tech)

David Nebenzahl May 8th 06 05:39 AM

ITT Tech

distar97 spake thus:

Sadly, tech work doesn't seem to be the same in our throw-away society.

You can bet it is, or is even better, in Bangalore.

They're going to kick our asses.

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"

rb May 8th 06 02:23 PM

ITT Tech

ITT = Institute of Technical Training

wrote in message
ups.com...
What's Institute of Technical Training?

[email protected] May 13th 06 11:12 PM

ITT Tech

ITT = Institute of Technical Training ?
ITT = International Telephone and Telegraph ?