Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default possible 2 settings for brightness on mag innovision monitor?

Does someone, somewhere know how i could establish two settings on my
computer montior, one for daytime and one for nighttime? My office is
very bright during the day and dark at night.

I'd be happy with just a brightness setting that I could toggle back
and forth. I have a mag innovision 570FD

thanks for any advice

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

I have never seen this type of option on this type of monitor!

Get a good LCD screen. They work very well in both daylight and night
time conditions.

In any case, the 570FD, does not put out very high lumination to begin
with.

--

Jerry G.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does someone, somewhere know how i could establish two settings on my
computer montior, one for daytime and one for nighttime? My office is
very bright during the day and dark at night.

I'd be happy with just a brightness setting that I could toggle back
and forth. I have a mag innovision 570FD

thanks for any advice

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

I'd suggest looking at the settings for your video card.

If you happen to have an nvidia card you can click on the advanced button
under display settings and go to geforce (your card name here), then color
correction. Here you can adjust brightness and contrast and then make 2
different profiles, one for day one for night. I know nvidia isn't the only
manufacturer that has something like this. The ATI card in my laptop has a
similar function.

- Mike

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does someone, somewhere know how i could establish two settings on my
computer montior, one for daytime and one for nighttime? My office is
very bright during the day and dark at night.

I'd be happy with just a brightness setting that I could toggle back
and forth. I have a mag innovision 570FD

thanks for any advice

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

I found that when messing around with the display car setup, the changes are
sometimes ignored by particular software's. Changing the settings for the
card, does not change the monitor setting. What it is doing, is modifying
the black and white levels from the card to the monitor. This is sort of
masking what the man wants.

--

JANA
_____

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
I'd suggest looking at the settings for your video card.

If you happen to have an nvidia card you can click on the advanced button
under display settings and go to geforce (your card name here), then color
correction. Here you can adjust brightness and contrast and then make 2
different profiles, one for day one for night. I know nvidia isn't the only
manufacturer that has something like this. The ATI card in my laptop has a
similar function.

- Mike

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does someone, somewhere know how i could establish two settings on my
computer montior, one for daytime and one for nighttime? My office is
very bright during the day and dark at night.

I'd be happy with just a brightness setting that I could toggle back
and forth. I have a mag innovision 570FD

thanks for any advice

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lsmartino

....but in the end the result will be the same. So what is the problem?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

The only software I've seen ignore the video card's settings are video
games.

- Mike

"JANA" wrote in message
[...]

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does someone, somewhere know how i could establish two settings on my
computer montior, one for daytime and one for nighttime? My office is
very bright during the day and dark at night.

I'd be happy with just a brightness setting that I could toggle back
and forth. I have a mag innovision 570FD

thanks for any advice

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck

On 29 Apr 2006 14:20:20 -0700, "
wrote:

Does someone, somewhere know how i could establish two settings on my
computer montior, one for daytime and one for nighttime? My office is
very bright during the day and dark at night.

I'd be happy with just a brightness setting that I could toggle back
and forth. I have a mag innovision 570FD

thanks for any advice

There is a free Polish software called gapa which one can set various
brightness profiles. Chuck