Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce H

Default Panasonic Inverter Microwave - Platter motor buzz and dim light when idle

Subject:
Panasonic NN-S563WF
S/N: 6B43180461
Mfr Date: April 2003

Problem: The platter motor buzzes or vibrates (no visual motion) and the
interior light has a very faint glow when the unit is in idle. Otherwise
the microwave works fine.

In checking a few components, I found what appears to be an encapsulated
wirewound resistor under the main transformer that tests open. I know
someone else on here tried testing the high voltage diodes unsuccessfully as
they seem to require a high forward bias voltage. However, since the
microwave works, I don't think there is a problem with the diodes.

Does anyone have a schematic? What is the component under the transformer?
I would like to avoid replacing the whole board as that seems such a waste.
I really hate the way electronics have become "disposable". Has anyone come
across this "vibrating/buzzing motor" problem?

Bruce

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dani

Welcome to low end...so called state of the art electronics! All this
is
normal for this unit! Look he

http://www.recommendedbuys.com/home-...rp-r-510hk.htm

Bruce H wrote:
Subject:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce H

Thanks for the feedback. The real slap in the face is that this was not a
cheap microwave and I bought two of them (one for the travel trailer) The
one in the trailer has seen little use and does not buzz - go figure. Why
can't at least one major electronics comany have consistency in quality?!
Sheesh!

I'll check for a leaky component. When the door is open the buzz goes away
(and of course the light comes on) so you may have a good idea with a door
switch.

Bruce

wrote in message
oups.com...
check for leaky door switches and leaky relay on the control panel

Bruce H wrote:
Subject:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS

In article , "Bruce H" wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. The real slap in the face is that this was not a
cheap microwave and I bought two of them (one for the travel trailer) The
one in the trailer has seen little use and does not buzz - go figure. Why
can't at least one major electronics comany have consistency in quality?!
Sheesh!

I'll check for a leaky component. When the door is open the buzz goes away
(and of course the light comes on) so you may have a good idea with a door
switch.

I have an Inverter but my light does not come on when door is open, a real
pain for me. Is this normal??

greg

Bruce

roups.com...

Bruce H wrote:
Subject:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lsmartino

It´s not normal. You should get your bulb replaced, or better yet,
smashed.