Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

Default Electronic Component Suppliers in Orlando

Is there anywhere in Orlando that you can buy electronic compnents other
than Skycraft? They usually have something that will work, but sometimes
they don't and I have to wait for stuff to ship and pay $5-$7 for shipping.
Is there some place like mouser or digi-key in the Orlando area?

- Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AZ Nomad

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:37:01 -0400, Michael Kennedy wrote:

Is there anywhere in Orlando that you can buy electronic compnents other
than Skycraft? They usually have something that will work, but sometimes
they don't and I have to wait for stuff to ship and pay $5-$7 for shipping.
Is there some place like mouser or digi-key in the Orlando area?

Go to switchboard.com
search for "electronic parts" in "orlando fl"
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Glen Goodwin

Michael Kennedy wrote:
Is there anywhere in Orlando that you can buy electronic compnents other
than Skycraft? They usually have something that will work, but sometimes
they don't and I have to wait for stuff to ship and pay $5-$7 for shipping.
Is there some place like mouser or digi-key in the Orlando area?

- Mike

ACME Enterprises of Orlando
6192 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32810
407-296-2333
800-575-9833

http://www.acme-sales.net
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie

In article , Glen Goodwin
wrote:

ACME Enterprises of Orlando
6192 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32810
407-296-2333
800-575-9833

http://www.acme-sales.net

Mike & Glen-

I think there is also a Newark Electronics office in the Orlando area.
You might call them and see what they have.

Fred
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike WB2MEP

Glen Goodwin wrote:
Michael Kennedy wrote:
Is there anywhere in Orlando that you can buy electronic compnents other
than Skycraft? They usually have something that will work, but sometimes
they don't and I have to wait for stuff to ship and pay $5-$7 for shipping.
Is there some place like mouser or digi-key in the Orlando area?

- Mike

ACME Enterprises of Orlando
6192 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32810
407-296-2333
800-575-9833

http://www.acme-sales.net

There is (or was) also a place called All Electronics in Winter
Springs. The owner ran a repair shop in the same building.
I went in there a few years ago, and they refused to sell me
a part because he had a minimum order policy, even for
over the counter retail sales.

Acme looks like it's a mail order only operation, and their
shipping is 11.99 on small orders.

Vance-Baldwin used to have a listing in the Orlando phone
book, but they're not in the latest one. I don't know if they
still have their Orlando office or not.

The last over-the-counter, retail, electronic parts place I
know of in Orlando disappeared about 4 or 5 years ago.
It evolved into a computer shop, now I think it's completely gone.

Mike
WB2MEP