DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   UK part question (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/153876-uk-part-question.html)

Mr Fixit April 18th 06 02:48 PM

UK part question

HI I am after a 20k pot similar to this one from farnell

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...&Ntk=gensearch

but I am after one with a splined shaft so it matches the original so I can
reuse the knob,its from a gain control on an guitar amp
--
Reply Address does work ??

Ron(UK) April 18th 06 03:46 PM

UK part question

Mr Fixit wrote:
HI I am after a 20k pot similar to this one from farnell

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...&Ntk=gensearch

but I am after one with a splined shaft so it matches the original so I can
reuse the knob,its from a gain control on an guitar amp

Try Watford Valves www.watfordvalves.com I think

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system

Ivan April 18th 06 03:47 PM

UK part question

Mr Fixit wrote:
|| HI I am after a 20k pot similar to this one from farnell
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...&Ntk=gensearch
|| but I am after one with a splined shaft so it matches the original
|| so I can reuse the knob,its from a gain control on an guitar amp
|| --

In the past I've found it to be a relatively straightforward matter to
reduce the size of the 'plastic spindled' variety of pot so that the knob is
a nice tight push-on fit.

Mr Fixit April 18th 06 05:35 PM

UK part question

"Ivan" wrote in message
Mr Fixit wrote:
|| HI I am after a 20k pot similar to this one from farnell
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...&Ntk=gensearch
|| but I am after one with a splined shaft so it matches the original
|| so I can reuse the knob,its from a gain control on an guitar amp
|| --

In the past I've found it to be a relatively straightforward matter to
reduce the size of the 'plastic spindled' variety of pot so that the knob
is
a nice tight push-on fit.

|| Reply Address does work ??

I just emailed the maker (why I never did before is beyond me) and they are
sending one free of charge so that's hopefully a result

Ross Herbert April 19th 06 08:11 AM

UK part question

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:48:51 GMT, "Mr Fixit"
wrote:

HI I am after a 20k pot similar to this one from farnell

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...&Ntk=gensearch

but I am after one with a splined shaft so it matches the original so I can
reuse the knob,its from a gain control on an guitar amp

It looks like Rapid Electronics might have what you are looking for
http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rk...9587&XPAGENO=1

Mr Fixit April 20th 06 08:37 AM

UK part question

wrote:

HI I am after a 20k pot similar to this one from farnell

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...&Ntk=gensearch

but I am after one with a splined shaft so it matches the original so I
can
reuse the knob,its from a gain control on an guitar amp

It looks like Rapid Electronics might have what you are looking for
http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rk...9587&XPAGENO=1

thats very similar but no 20k on that site but I have booked marked it

Ross Herbert April 23rd 06 02:01 PM

UK part question

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:37:40 GMT, "Mr Fixit"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

HI I am after a 20k pot similar to this one from farnell

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...&Ntk=gensearch

but I am after one with a splined shaft so it matches the original so I
can
reuse the knob,its from a gain control on an guitar amp

It looks like Rapid Electronics might have what you are looking for
http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rk...9587&XPAGENO=1

thats very similar but no 20k on that site but I have booked marked it

You could try swapping the original for the 10K or 47K version. For a
mere 38p it would be worth trying it out. My guess is you wouldn't
notice a whole lot of difference (if at all) over the 20K version.