Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD Monitor

Helo I have an old ProView, Product No: BM-568, LCD monitor. The
monitor is Working well exept that after few minutes the monitor is
like restart it self(he turn it self of and on and the display is not
configurited. to fix the display I re config it from the screen menu
and after a minute or two it do the same.
Is there a way that I'm will be able to know what is the part that make
the problem without take the monitor to a lab?
thank's for the help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If this the case (flash memory chip or the processor)
is there something I can do myself to fix it?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

The only thing you can do with your monitor is go through it with an
ESR meter to check the capacitors. You will most likely find some high
ESR caps. Replace them as necessary. If it works you have a fixed
monitor. Other than that, there is nothing else you can do without
having the proper setup, service information, and service capability
for the monitor. You will require the proper soldering tools to replace
the bad caps you locate.

I found that about 85% of the failures in these monitors were from caps
going defective over time.

Your will find that the capacitors are most likely going to be the SMD
type. General replacement SMD caps can be ordered from any of the major
electronic parts suppliers.

The manufactures of these monitors only support board level service to
their authorized service reps. They do not do or support component
level service.

Jerry G.
======

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

Probably not, since it sounds like you've never done much with electronics..
Just replacing the lamps in a LCD can be quite a chore if you're new to
fixing these things. I'd check on replacing the caps because replacing chips
is something that is probably beyond your capability, It is beyond my
capability, or at least my patience. I don't have any easy way to resolder
smd chips.

- Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
If this the case (flash memory chip or the processor)
is there something I can do myself to fix it?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

You gave a very logical and educated answer to why the end user, unless
he is an avid electronics buff who is used to working with and has at
least the basic tools, or better still, a fully trained service
technician, should give out the repairs for monitors and devices, to a
qualified service center.

When working on these monitors there are serious safety issues, even
though they may look visualy very safe.

Jerry G.
======

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

Thanks for the compliment Jerry..
I'm no expert at these things but I know my way around.
- Mike

ups.com...