Posted to sci.electronics.repair
TBag

Default Problem with LCD Monitor

I have 2 HP L1510 LCD monitors.. Both have the same problem, very dark
picture. I pulled them both apart and they both have the same cap blown..
The problem is that they are melted that bad that i can't read the rating on
them.. I've spent hours searching the net but found nothing.

Can anybody Help???

I can provide pics of the boards with the dead caps..

Thanks,
Trevor

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rb

Is the blown cap C922?
I had that one bad and it caused the back lamps to come on and go off right
away.
"TBag" wrote in message
I have 2 HP L1510 LCD monitors.. Both have the same problem, very dark
picture. I pulled them both apart and they both have the same cap blown..
The problem is that they are melted that bad that i can't read the rating
on them.. I've spent hours searching the net but found nothing.

Can anybody Help???

I can provide pics of the boards with the dead caps..

Thanks,
Trevor

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
TBag

its a c752

I think its a 25v 220 uF.. I tried a 25v 100uF.. nothing.. and then i
tried a 25v 820 uF.. still the same

i'm not getting any power to the backing lights..

"TBag" wrote in message
I have 2 HP L1510 LCD monitors.. Both have the same problem, very dark
picture. I pulled them both apart and they both have the same cap blown..
The problem is that they are melted that bad that i can't read the rating
on them.. I've spent hours searching the net but found nothing.

Can anybody Help???

I can provide pics of the boards with the dead caps..

Thanks,
Trevor

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

bad inverter ?

I think he has established that. ;-)
Thats where the cap is he is trying to find the value of.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:12:11 GMT, "TBag"
wrote:

its a c752

I think its a 25v 220 uF.. I tried a 25v 100uF.. nothing.. and then i
tried a 25v 820 uF.. still the same

i'm not getting any power to the backing lights..

Either of those caps would probably work to replace a 25v 220 uF cap
in that circuit (at least temporarily). It sounds like something else
was damaged when the cap failed. It's likely to be as simple as a
blown fuse, or open resistor.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
TBag