Posted to sci.electronics.repair
badhabit @home.com

Default AB MicroLogix 1000 series commonly fautling.

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:49:57 -0800, Jamie
t wrote:

is it me or does AB have a bad design out
there for their 1000 Series MicroLogix
(1761) brick PLC's?

[snippage]

Check out this Rockwell bulletin.

http://domino.automation.rockwell.co...6?OpenDocument

Bad Habit
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie

is it me or does AB have a bad design out
there for their 1000 Series MicroLogix
(1761) brick PLC's?
its seem lately we have been reloading
PLC's from data loss mostly happening when
powering up the machines they are in.
its real strange because we had 2
pieces of equipment side by side not on
the same power bus but performing the same
job in each machine! well for at least
1 month they both would fault out on a
weekend power up at the same time.
after reloading them, we decided to
replace them. now those are ok for the
time being. how ever. we had just gotten
several pieces of equipment updated from
2 different companies which both use the
same PLC model and guess what is now starting
to happen to them on the weeken start ups
randomly faulting and these units are only
about 4 months in service.
we were told by one of the companies that
they ordered 10 of them and all of them had
random problems of losing data on boot up.
so what do you think ?

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie

t wrote:

is it me or does AB have a bad design out
there for their 1000 Series MicroLogix
(1761) brick PLC's?

[snippage]

Check out this Rockwell bulletin.

http://domino.automation.rockwell.co...6?OpenDocument

Bad Habit

thanks, thats exactly what is happening.
i will pass it on!