Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson

Default Protect your DS ESR or LOPT kit! (Bob Parker)

I've just finished testing a device that protects the two kits up to
350VDC @ 200MA. nice sparks!

All you need to get is a MOV - I'm using the Panasonic ERZ-V07D220 wich
is rated at 22V and 250A - soldered directly to the lugs on the banana
jacks.

I did not want to clip under 20V, so I can still use the ESR meter to
check the condition of rechargable batteries. If you weren't aware, the
DS (Bob Parker design!) ESR kit K-7214 will also check the ESR of
batteries. I have a brief write up on

http://www.flippers.com/esrkthnt.html#battery

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

Sony STR-DB930 in Protect mode [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 November 2nd 05 12:52 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Changing LOPT in monitor... Mike Deblis Electronics Repair 11 April 26th 04 03:52 AM
Philips TV Repaired with LOPT -> Causes? Peter Clifton Electronics Repair 2 February 16th 04 07:50 PM