Junior Member

Default Fisher Cassette deck

The doors where the cassettes go will not open on the Fisher CR-W46 double cassette deck I borrowed. The unit has not been used for a while and when I put the cassette in it would not play and when I tried to eject it it would not eject. Same in both in both decks. Is there any way to get the tapes out? Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

Well I'd guess you have 3 options...
Carefully take the unit apart untill you can get to the tape.. .
or
Take a flat blade screwdriver and pry the door open on the tape deck and
break the deck in the process and possibly mess up the tape too..
or
Take it to someone who knows about electroincs repair and have them get it
out for you.. I'd recommend this one. They might even be able to fix it for
you.

- Mike

--
hazel57

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

hazel57 wrote:
The doors where the cassettes go will not open on the Fisher CR-W46
double cassette deck I borrowed. The unit has not been used for a
while and when I put the cassette in it would not play and when I tried
to eject it it would not eject. Same in both in both decks. Is there
any way to get the tapes out? Thanks

open up the casing and look for the large metal flywheel (s) behind
the deck mechs. gently rotate a couple of turns (note: do not force)
and this should release the powered mechanism allowing ejection. Now
replace the rubber belts which sound as if they've stretched and
caused this situation in the first place.
-B.