Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spankey

Default help with sunn dimmer pack

I know this may seem like the wrong place but these are for a band not
a large theatre and I have seen lots of dimmers come over my audio work
bench. Now I need help withn one that is mine now.

If anyone can, please help me. I am writing from Albuquerque. I am in
search for a schematic or chip identification for a Sunn Spot dimmer
pack. I have an old sunn PSR1208 8 channel 1200 watts per and need the
find the numbers of all the chips on the firing cards. Mine is missing
two chips on each circuit board and without them it won't talk
microplex. There is a jumper inside I assume that has to be moved over
so it talks microplex or 0-10 volts. The 0-10 works fine but I need to
get the MPX working. I don't know it they are the same circuit boards
inside as the 1200 and 600 or 300 dimmer packs but I am suspect that
they are.
Anyway, do you have a schematic I could get a copy of or the numbers
on the chips. I can eliminate the possibilities because all my chips
are there except for two that have different numbers of pins.

Thanks, Spankey
505-277-4409

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

Sunn will not sell service information or sell the parts for many of their
models. There are some models for some reason, that they will give out
service information.

Contact Sunn Service for the necessary information about how to have your
system serviced.

Sunn Service
http://www.sunnamps.com/service_centers.html

--