Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tvguy

Default rca 31

I don`t mind sharing my knowledge with another tech on a problem he
has or even to help a consumer if he does have some knowledge of
repairs but when you all set here on this forum like in this post
when the guy stated he doen`t even know what or where the horizontal
output is and all of you are still telling him to change the caps in
the smps doesn`t make sence to me. Why tell him to do something when
he can`t even find the buldged blue caps that was sugested to be next
to the horizontal output. Plus if he starts messing with the
powersupply on this 169 he can come out with more problems if he
doen`t know what he is doing so my suggestion on this post of helping
him was just have him change out the parts that are most likely to be
his problem and then if there was still a problem and was determind
to be in the powersupply then fine but I would only suggest that if
he is going to do that without any experience then just take it to
the local repairman and have it done....