Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Default rca 31" tv

Yes change the Blue or Grey box caps in and around the HOT.
That's if its got them as you have not given Model or Chassis Number
so we are guessing.

kip

"whence" wrote in message
news
It's about 10 yrs old, and I know its time is up.

But a few years ago I coated the flyback xformer with gasket maker and
had it working since, and since i'm a cheap mofo, maybe it can last a
little longer with your help.

Yesterday the picture suddenly got somewhat 'zoomed in'. There is also
a slight pincushion effect. The amount of zoom might be about 1.5x,
enough to be annoying.

Any idea where I should look?

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Also the PCC Diode, you will notice the small rectangular blue or grey caps
will appear slightly bulging at the sides. Change any of them that appear
swelled out a bit. Replace with exact values.
"whence" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:49:56 -0500, "kip" wrote:

Yes change the Blue or Grey box caps in and around the HOT.
That's if its got them as you have not given Model or Chassis Number
so we are guessing.

kip

Oops sorry,

model: F31226ES
chassis: CTC169AU

how many caps are we talkin about? And by 'around the hot' are you
talkin about the real dangerous ones (if not properly discharged)
around where the cord connects?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

HOT Horizontal Output Transistor .
Maybe 3 ,but first you will most probably have to rebuild the SMPS.

kip
"whence" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:49:56 -0500, "kip" wrote:

Yes change the Blue or Grey box caps in and around the HOT.
That's if its got them as you have not given Model or Chassis Number
so we are guessing.

kip

Oops sorry,

model: F31226ES
chassis: CTC169AU

how many caps are we talkin about? And by 'around the hot' are you
talkin about the real dangerous ones (if not properly discharged)
around where the cord connects?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tom hunt

whence wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:49:56 -0500, "kip" wrote:

Yes change the Blue or Grey box caps in and around the HOT.
That's if its got them as you have not given Model or Chassis Number
so we are guessing.

kip

Oops sorry,

model: F31226ES
chassis: CTC169AU

how many caps are we talkin about? And by 'around the hot' are you
talkin about the real dangerous ones (if not properly discharged)
around where the cord connects?

If you don't know what the HOT is then you have no business messing
around inside your TV.