Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph D.

Default Low Power FM Transmitter?

Hello.

I am aware this may not be the most correct group for this question, but
there are often some here who may know the answer.

I would like to transmit an FM signal at, say, the 88 end of the dial at a
power just strong enough to get around an acre or three out here in the
country. I don't know what the power regulations are (and don't care too
much as there aren't many folks around) but so long as I can listen to the
signal on an FM radio nearby I'd be happy.

Is there a transmitter available for cheap such as a HAM unit of some sort
that maybe can cross over slightly or something? I know that FM radio is in
the middle of the TV band, but is there room there that is used by some
other communication that I could maybe run without an antenna so as to not
walk the signal further than right here?

Does a poorly tuned FM transmitter throw harmonics like AM does?

If you had an FM signal to get out around home, how would you do it?