Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Don Bowey

Default Low Power FM Transmitter?

On 2/15/06 1:44 PM, in article
, "Ralph D."
wrote:

Hello.

I am aware this may not be the most correct group for this question, but
there are often some here who may know the answer.

I would like to transmit an FM signal at, say, the 88 end of the dial at a
power just strong enough to get around an acre or three out here in the
country. I don't know what the power regulations are (and don't care too
much as there aren't many folks around) but so long as I can listen to the
signal on an FM radio nearby I'd be happy.

Is there a transmitter available for cheap such as a HAM unit of some sort
that maybe can cross over slightly or something? I know that FM radio is in
the middle of the TV band, but is there room there that is used by some
other communication that I could maybe run without an antenna so as to not
walk the signal further than right here?

Does a poorly tuned FM transmitter throw harmonics like AM does?

If you had an FM signal to get out around home, how would you do it?

There are no ham bands around the 88-108 band, so there are no ham thingys
that will work.

You don't want to mess around the frequencies above 108MHz, as thatıs the
aircraft band and you could easily interfere with directional signals (VOR).

There are gadgets being sold that do what you want. They are called FM RF
Modulators. Google that and you will get leads to sellers. It is best to
buy one that meets the FCC requirements.

Don