Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Daniel Rudy

Default Sanyo DS31580 Dead - Blown Fuse

I have a Sanyo 31" TV that is dead with a blown fuse. I replaced the
fuse and now it turns on, I hear the whine of the flyback, and then it
turns itself back off. There is no schematic inside the case either. I
think it may be the flyback and the HOT along with a power resistor or
two, but it's hard to say at this point. I don't have a schematic.

Here's the info:

M#: DS31580
S#: V8460233860209
C#: 31580-00

My experience with fixing TVs is somewhat limited. I did fix my Sony
when it blew up. It's been 3 years and it is still kicking at 12 years
old. I really don't want to contribute to the landfill problem, so I
would rather fix it than just junk it. It's a nice TV and it was rock
solid until this weekend.

--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been base64 encoded to reduce spam
Decode email address using b64decode or uudecode -m

Why geeks like UNIX: look chat date touch grep make unzip
strip view finger mount fcsk more fcsk yes spray umount sleep

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

To service your set, you will have to invest in the service manual, and you
will require the proper tools to follow up on troubleshooting the set. It is
not a simple part to be changed.

This type of problem can get complex. There are also some serious safety
issues involved. You should send the set out for an estimate. These types of
problems require a fair amount of training and experience to resolve.

--

JANA
_____

"Daniel Rudy" wrote in message
et...

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Daniel Rudy

At about the time of 2/14/2006 11:50 PM, JANA stated the following:
To service your set, you will have to invest in the service manual, and you
will require the proper tools to follow up on troubleshooting the set. It is
not a simple part to be changed.

This type of problem can get complex. There are also some serious safety
issues involved. You should send the set out for an estimate. These types of
problems require a fair amount of training and experience to resolve.

Well, I did some poking around, and here's the blown parts that I found...

Horizontal Output Transistor - open
horizontal output capacitor - shorted
2 wire wound low value power resistors, open

I borrowed a flyback ringer from a friend and ringed out the flyback,
tested good. For under $20 I fixed a $400 set that would have costed
about $150 to the shop fix.

--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been base64 encoded to reduce spam
Decode email address using b64decode or uudecode -m

Why geeks like computers: look chat date touch grep make unzip
strip view finger mount fcsk more fcsk yes spray umount sleep