Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Dunnett

Default Low output signal on analog synth

Anyone here have any idea how to diagnose and fix an analog keyboard with a
low signal output that's only coming through in one channel? Is there an
internal amplifier? Is it just the jack?

thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts

"David Dunnett" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone here have any idea how to diagnose and fix an analog keyboard with
a low signal output that's only coming through in one channel? Is there an
internal amplifier? Is it just the jack?

thanks!

Does it have a headphone jack, and if so, same symptom with phones?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts

"David Dunnett" wrote in message
.. .
no headphone jack. but i did listen through headphones and had the same
problem.

How did you listen via headphones w/o a jack? Didja hook 'em up to the line
level outs?
Might help to know the model unit we're talking about. Most analog
keyboards I'm familiar with don't have built-in speaker drivers, but yours
could.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Dunnett

It's a Roland SH-2000 monosynth. My headphones have a quarter inch adapter
so I just listened through line out (that's all there is).

I don't have an amp on hand right now, but the last time I hooked it up I
needed to turn the volume WAY up to hear anything.

"Ray L. Volts" wrote in message

"David Dunnett" wrote in message
.. .
no headphone jack. but i did listen through headphones and had the same
problem.

How did you listen via headphones w/o a jack? Didja hook 'em up to the
line level outs?
Might help to know the model unit we're talking about. Most analog
keyboards I'm familiar with don't have built-in speaker drivers, but yours
could.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts

"David Dunnett" wrote in message
.. .
It's a Roland SH-2000 monosynth. My headphones have a quarter inch adapter
so I just listened through line out (that's all there is).

I don't have an amp on hand right now, but the last time I hooked it up I
needed to turn the volume WAY up to hear anything.

As this is a 70's synth, you may have some resistors that have increased way
out of tolerance. Would be a good idea to check the electrolytic caps as
well on a unit this old.