Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mikercana1

Default Toshiba combo TV/VCR video problem?

I have this unit model MV13L3C and there is no video coming on the
screen from the tuner or the VCR..\
I can see the channel number on the top corner while on tuner that is
all.

Any help appreciated, I do not have any diagrams for this unit.

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics

Do you get audio from the tuner?

How about the AV inputs?

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================

"mikercana1" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have this unit model MV13L3C and there is no video coming on the
screen from the tuner or the VCR..\
I can see the channel number on the top corner while on tuner that is
all.

Any help appreciated, I do not have any diagrams for this unit.

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mikercana1

Thanks for your reply

I am an experienced technician, I simply do not have diagrams on all
the junk that comes out !

This the most common problem with us all here, all we are hoping for is
someone who has had the chance to troubleshoot this set along with a
diagram so that we could be steered in the right direction.
I have no problem decyphering diagram but they are hard to get.

I can't decypher where the video portion comesfrom / goes with these
doublesided board with components on both sides.
Just like any good technician, I had had the chance to troubleshoot
ione of these with a diagram then I would be somewhat familiar with
where the signals come from / goes to.

Forget the cervice centre idea, these machine are not worth wasting
time/energy to bring to a service centre to be told that it will be
around $120.00 CDN, just not worth that much. I don't understand why
someone would send it to a repair depot at these prices when the price
of repair gets close to 40% of the original value (nevermind the now
value).

I do not get video from the tuner or the VCR but do get the channel
number when using tuner

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics

Schematic on its way to you. Please post fix !

--
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mikercana1

No audio from the tuner but I do get audio from the VCR, I suspect a
control voltage is messed up.