Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba 32ZP18Q lock ups

I own a Toshiba 32ZP18Q CRT widescreen TV which I bought new
approximanately 3.5 years ago. It was purchased due to exceptional
reviews and has lived up to expectations. I have a Sky digital
receiver and a Toshiba DVD player connected to it, the Sky box via
scart and the DVD via component video inputs. The TV has recently
started to lock up a short period of time (usually 10 minutes or so)
after it is switched on. This makes it impossible to adjust the volume
or switch between AV channels, via the remote or the front panel
controls. It also appears that switching the DVD player on can cause
the lock up, even if the TV has only been on for a few moments. The
Sky box seems to play no part in any of this and providing I switch to
the Sky AV channel immediately after firing the set up I can surf
channels all day and night with no problem (all at the same volume of
course!). A secondary issue is that if the set has been on for any
length of time and then is switched off, powering it on again only
results in a click and a black screen.... I have tried rewiring
everything but it makes no difference. The store I bought it from will
collect it for £35 but need to keep it for a period of time to allow
it to be examined. Before I commit to this course of action I wondered
if anyone has experienced similar issues and can advise what the best
method of resolution might be. If it could be sorted 'at home' by an
engineer then I would be much happier than being without if for
weeks..... Thanks in advance...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cliff Top

I would think its dry joints somewhere on the pcb's.... would be best
done in a workshop to make sure they're all found... not easy working
with these monsters though...

The DFS (scan converter) module can give a lot of trouble on this model with
dry joints... but your symptoms don't sound like that.

Andrew

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andrew,

Mant thanks for replying. In the absence of any other advice I'll get
the machine to my dealers for an MOT. Cheers.