Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default VSX-D710S Repair

trm54321 wrote:
Our receiver has recently developed a hum/ buzz coming from the unit
itself.
This noise is not coming through the speakers.
I'm assuming a bad power supply / transformer.
Does anyone have a schematic and is it worth fixing if I do the work
myself.
Any idea on where parts can be found for this unit also?
Cheers Dave

The transformer might just be loose. I don't know if there is a cooling
fan that could be noisy as I haven't cracked the case on mine just yet.

I just ordered a downloadable schematic for mine but it isn't available
for download yet. They (www.servicemanuals.net) said 1 business day and
ordered it friday night. (doh)

I like to rock in 2 ch mode loudly and its always bothered me that the
amp shuts itself off(before reaching RATED POWER, about -23db) in the
middle of my favorite songs.(Does yours do that?)

I bought a Kenwood KM-X1000 and was going to use preamp outs to have it
drive the front chanels but then----NO PREAMP OUTS. The 810S has them
but if I want them I'm going to have to add them myself.

When I get the schem I'll check back.

Vince