Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Epson CX5400 - ran out of cyan ink, now can't print at all.

I ran out of the cyan ink in my Epson CX5400 printer, but I still have
plenty of black ink. I set the printer preferences to Black Ink only so
I can print in black and white. Yet, the printer still shows this error
(red light is blinking on the printer's top panel and the error is
displaying on the LCD screen). I just can't get past this error and
cannot print at all.

Does anyone know how to get around that error and print?

It's very frustrating.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc

I don't know if there is a way. What you're seeing is the printer's normal
response to running out of ink.

If there is a solution to your problem, it involves configuring the printer
for black only, somehow.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel

mc wrote:

I don't know if there is a way. What you're seeing is the printer's normal
response to running out of ink.

If there is a solution to your problem, it involves configuring the printer
for black only, somehow.

Hi...

The only way that I've ever discovered is to use third party software
like ssc to "lie" to the printer; tell it that the cyan is full.

Take care.

Ken

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

mc wrote:

I don't know if there is a way. What you're seeing is the printer's
normal response to running out of ink.

If there is a solution to your problem, it involves configuring the
printer for black only, somehow.

Hi...

The only way that I've ever discovered is to use third party software
like ssc to "lie" to the printer; tell it that the cyan is full.

Take care.

Ken

This is one of the REALLY annoying foibles of Epson printers - my RX425 does
the same thing. It's like when one of the heads clogs ( frequent occurence )
and you have to waste about a gallon of ALL of the inks, just to get the one
that has clogged up, open again. The only way to get it printing again, when
one runs out, is to replace that one.

I've put SSC on my machine, but it does not have a setting specifically for
my model, so whilst it provides some useful ' generic ' Epson features, like
fancy ink monitoring graphics, I can't get its more useful little features
to work. It's a good program though, if it covers your model, and like Ken
says, it does have the facility to make a cartridge ' lie ' about how much
ink is in it. Download it and give it a try - it's free and it's not going
to do any harm.

Arfa