Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wayne Tiffany

Default Sharp 13SB50 tv

I have finally picked this one up again.

Short version - no response to a remote control and the TV itself doesn't
have controls to change channel, volume, etc. It does power up, but is
stuck on channel 2, so nothing but snow on the screen.

I have traced a 200+Hz signal from the IR receptor to pin 19 of an IC when
using the remote. The chip is:

Sharp
X1674CE 761
91365A013

But I can't seem to find a datasheet on this chip to try to figure out its
output. Does anyone have any info that might help me? Or am I missing
something obvious? The fact that the owner said both remotes that she gave
me used to work just fine on the TV, and then they both quit operating it
leads me to think that the problem is not with the remotes.

WT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Wayne Tiffany ha escrito:

I have finally picked this one up again.

Short version - no response to a remote control and the TV itself doesn't
have controls to change channel, volume, etc. It does power up, but is
stuck on channel 2, so nothing but snow on the screen.

I have traced a 200+Hz signal from the IR receptor to pin 19 of an IC when
using the remote. The chip is:

Sharp
X1674CE 761
91365A013

But I can't seem to find a datasheet on this chip to try to figure out its
output. Does anyone have any info that might help me? Or am I missing
something obvious? The fact that the owner said both remotes that she gave
me used to work just fine on the TV, and then they both quit operating it
leads me to think that the problem is not with the remotes.

WT

before jumping in there let's start with the simple.
Get a crappy portable Am radio or use a clock radio-alarm for example.
detune it. put fresh batteries in the remotes and see if you get some
bleeps when you press the remote next to the radio. that ought to help
eliminate the remotes - if you hear sound they're probably emitting ok
( the frequency may have drifted, tho' i only saw this happen once in
10 years!). report findings please.
-B.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wayne Tiffany

I will try it - thanks. But I also figured that if, as stated, I am seeing
the 200+Hz pulse output going from the IR receptor to the chip, that should
be evidence enough that the remote is outputting, and also that the receptor
is seeing it and responding. Is this not correct?

WT

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

Wayne Tiffany ha escrito:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wayne Tiffany

Ok, tried the radio check and both remotes have beating hearts. Next
thoughts? Anyone run across a datasheet for that chip?

WT

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in message
. ..
I will try it - thanks. But I also figured that if, as stated, I am seeing
the 200+Hz pulse output going from the IR receptor to the chip, that
should
be evidence enough that the remote is outputting, and also that the
receptor
is seeing it and responding. Is this not correct?

WT

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

Wayne Tiffany ha escrito:

[...]

How To Clear Sharp Air Conditioner E1 "Clean Filter" Error Code Tony T Electronics Repair 2 August 17th 05 03:49 AM
Sharp, but not scary Michael Press Woodworking 9 April 30th 04 06:23 AM
Jointer/Planer knives - How sharp should I expect Dave Rowell Woodworking 11 January 4th 04 11:36 PM
Failure to get sharp RWL Metalworking 21 October 10th 03 03:23 AM
Sharp R7380 Microwave Craig Electronics Repair 0 July 10th 03 10:50 PM