Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Proscan model PS27125, Chassis CTC197BB "snaps"

This set came in with a complaint that it "snaps". I plugged it in
and tried it and heard the Power relay click three or four times and
noted that the HV tried to start up three or four times as well. It
then gave up. Pressing the power button again yielded the same results.
I pulled the chassis and found a few bad solder joints particularly the
ground terminal on the flyback. Resoldering everything suspicious did
not have any affect. Does this symptom on this set sound like anything
common? Thanks for any assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.
Proscan model PS27125, Chassis CTC197BB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I tried the coil resoldering first and that didn't do the trick so I
then pulled the HOT and the sound did come on, so I'm suspecting the
flyback. The problem is that this part is on national back order since
July. There is a sub available through several distributors but I'm
wary of subs and these don't come with the two parts that are
apparently necessary to replace along with the fly. Has anyone used
these subs with any success before? I don't know which two parts are in
question. Should I take a chance with a sub and then try to replace the
two parts with generics? I hate to let the job go but I surely don't
want to get burned either. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Do Little2

wrote in message
ups.com...
I tried the coil resoldering first and that didn't do the trick so I
then pulled the HOT and the sound did come on, so I'm suspecting the
flyback. The problem is that this part is on national back order since
July.

Have you tried.

"Premier Electronic Parts Inc"
Tel: 416-707-9642