Posted to sci.electronics.repair
cashcap

Default Turned tv on and off and on rapidly, now its dead

I have a Toshiba tv/vcr combo

I turned it on with the remote one day, was not sure whether it had
come on or not
and pressed the button a couple of times a couple of seconds apart.
I saw the tv screen blink as though being turned on and off very fast,
and then
nothing. Nothing on the unit will power up with either the remote or
the power
button on the front. It is completely silent with no response to
either attempt
to turn it on.
It is made in year 2000, model Toshiba MV19K3CR
Is there possibly some cheap little fuse somewhere inside that I can
replace to fix this?
Or is this a writeoff?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock

I think you wore the batterys out on the remote. It might be a couple
bucks to fix.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You can just about be sure it is not just a fuse.
More than likely the rapid on/off power surges caused a primary
component to short in either the horizontal or main power supply.

The only way to determine if it is a write off or worth fixing is to
take it and the remote control into a reputable servicer for an
estimate of repair. Most repair totals for that type of unit parts and
labor run between $50 and $100. Odds are very high that it will be
worth fixing if everything worked well before it was damaged.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dana

There goes the kornholer again.

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock. wrote:

I think you wore the batterys out on the remote. It might be a couple
bucks to fix.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Puckdropper

"cashcap" wrote in
oups.com:

I have a Toshiba tv/vcr combo

I turned it on with the remote one day, was not sure whether it had
come on or not
and pressed the button a couple of times a couple of seconds apart.
I saw the tv screen blink as though being turned on and off very fast,
and then
nothing. Nothing on the unit will power up with either the remote or
the power
button on the front. It is completely silent with no response to
either attempt
to turn it on.
It is made in year 2000, model Toshiba MV19K3CR
Is there possibly some cheap little fuse somewhere inside that I can
replace to fix this?
Or is this a writeoff?

Unplug it and leave it alone. Try it again in a few days. (I have seen
many devices fixed this way.)

Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.