Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tony Marsillo

Default Panasonic Camcorder PL-L60D Dew Detected

When powered on in either the VCR mode or Camera mode, the "Dew Detected"
warning comes up. After a few seconds the camera shuts off. I removed the
side with LCD display and tried to locate the dew sensor to see if it could
be bypassed, but could not find it. Does anyone know the location before I
disassemble further? Any hints would be appreciated, I have only worked on a
few camcorders.

Thanks

--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On MOST camcorders (Not necessarily yours) the dew sensor is mounted
somewhere along the base of the stationary (Lower half) of the rotating
drum that carries the video heads. OR is is located on the deck very
close to the head drum base.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tony Marsillo

Default Panasonic Camcorder PV-L60D Dew Detected

Here is an update. I found in the service manual for a different model
(PV-L559, not sure how similar they are) that the dew sensor in mounted on
the flex cable that includes the VCR/Camera/Power switch. From the schematic
of that model, it looks like I could short across the sensor and that would
disable the dew sensor circuit, or replace the flex assembly. Can anyone
confirm this? The problem could also be in the electronics or the three
connectors that the signal goes through before it gets to the system
controller.

From a Google search of "Dew Detected", this seems like a common problem
with many models of Panasonic camcorders.

Thanks
--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair