Posted to sci.electronics.repair
al

Default SonyVideoscope

Hey Group,
I just recieved a Sony Videoscope @ a good price.(free)
Model# KPR-53EX35
At times the whole picture wiil shutdown.Are there any pattern failures with
these units?
I have been running it for 8 hours or so no problems yet

Thanks Al

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

AKB fault most probably..
Best call a Tech in.

"al" wrote in message
. ..
Video just died,audio is okay
"al" wrote in message
.. .
Hey Group,
I just recieved a Sony Videoscope @ a good price.(free)
Model# KPR-53EX35
At times the whole picture wiil shutdown.Are there any pattern failures

with
these units?
I have been running it for 8 hours or so no problems yet

Thanks Al

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
al

"kip" wrote in message
.. .
AKB fault most probably..
Best call a Tech in.

Kip
I would like to fix this myself.I have good soldering skills and a fair

knowledge of electronics.After powering on the set several times today I am
getting a red horizontal trace about 7 or 8 minutes into on time,it will
shut off video about 20 minutes later.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Al

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

al wrote:
"kip" wrote in message
.. .

AKB fault most probably..
Best call a Tech in.

Kip

I would like to fix this myself.I have good soldering skills and a fair

knowledge of electronics.After powering on the set several times today I am
getting a red horizontal trace about 7 or 8 minutes into on time,it will
shut off video about 20 minutes later.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Al

My guess is a cracked solder joint or dried up electrolytic capacitors.