Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joe Brophy

Default What Does Your Electronics Workshop Look Like?

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:19:13 GMT, Rich Grise
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:29:50 +0000, Irv Finkleman wrote:

"Saandy , 4Z5KS" wrote:

YOU CALL THIS A WORKBENCH!?!?!?
my Goodness, if the mess on mine is les than 5 inches deep I feel I
didn't do anything on that table! You know, I trained myself to
identify location of things by the sound they make when they fall on
something else when I throw it aside. If I were now to mop it up , I
wouldn't be able to find anything!
In any case I wish you good luck and I congratulate you for the
initiative.
Saandy 4Z5KS

Reminds me of one guy who complained that he could never find the chuck
key for his drill, so begin buying them by the dozen -- that way, he said,
they normally last for a week or two! :-)

You're supposed to ty-wrap it to the cord, out at the plug end, so that
you can't use it while the drill is plugged in. (Keeps your hands in
one piece.) :-)

Cheers!
Rich

OR what may have inspired the inventor of the "keyless chuck".....
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael A. Terrell

Joe Brophy wrote:

OR what may have inspired the inventor of the "keyless chuck".....

I hate those things! I've had a number of them jam, or they just
won't hold the tool tight enough.

--
Been there, Done that, I've got my DD214 to prove it.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G.

This is always an interesting subject . First at home here i like things
organized and the bench top cleared off so i can spread out and move the
project around and be able to set down paperwork and containers of parts
for that project . If the project is to big for the bench as in blocking
off things i need to see behind it i put that project on a rolling cart
which is normally stored under the workbench this way i have the bench
at my right and cart in front of me so i can get at all other things on
the bench or have another project on the bench at the same time .

I never understood why anyone would want tons of ``stuff`` right in the
way of everyday usable space ???? . I have sets of shelves around the
room to keep everything not in use but right where it can be found .
Enough shelves to keep all that stuff and put it back when done . The
stuff i use most is either on the closer shelves or in drawers under the
bench .
I seldome have to search for anything unless I misplaced it

There is no such thing as ``no time to clean up`` it is all a matter of
personal laziness or personal taste . ( period )

I have worked in a place now for about 7 years where i have 2 complete
work bench setups and areas with shelves .
Other people who work there do use tools and i dont mind at all BUT ...
they dont bring them back or they pull one tool off of a shelf and drag
other stuff off on the floor and just leave it there . When i go to do a
job and the tool-s are gone i have to stop eveything and go hunting for
tools .
Another big problem i have is EVERYONE piles crap on my work benches and
on the floor in front of them . When i go to work i have to spend time
moving crap to its proper place before i can even get started .
I hardly think that is a normal way of thinking .

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G.

Who cares about what you think of how other's work benches are
cluttered?
don

Oh aint you special . And bet your shop is a hog waller LOL .