Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Set Square

Default Getting inside a Taxan monitor

My (1998 vintage) Taxan 21" 2160TCO95 monitor was dead when I turned it on
yesterday. No power light, and no buzz as it started up. The power lead and
external fuse are known to be ok.

I suspect that there may be an internal fuse, or that some component has
failed in the mains power supply. I've removed the plastic case but inside
is a seemingly impenetrable metal cage with lots of overlapping parts and
hundreds of screws. It's by no means obvious how to get at the power supply.

Does anyone have any inside knowledge of this type of monitor?

Any information on how to get inside, and what to look for would be welcome.

TIA.
--
Cheers,
Set Square