Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SVM parameters for JVC TV?

Hello. I have a JVC AV-32260 32" set as part of my HT. It is a good
inexpensive set, will hold me until I can go HD. I have DVE and the
service manual, and adjusted the geometry, color, tint, black and white
level, etc. to get a good picture. However, I cannot figure out most
of the service menu parameters, which is just as well because I
probably shouldn't mess with them anyway. However I want to turn off
scanning velocity modulation, which as best as I can figure from the
needle pulse pattern from Digital Video Essentials is turned on. A few
of the menu items make me think they are related to SVM [SVM gain (0-3,
initial setting 3), SVM phase (0-1, initial setting 0), CMP SVM GA
(0-3, initial setting 3)] but I am not sure what to set them to. I am
guessing that svm gain should be set to 0, cmp svm ga is probably
composite svm gain and should be set to 0, but what is svm phase and
what should it be set to? Can somebody set me straight on this? Also,
what is V EHT and H EHT? It is vertical and horizontal something,
related to geometry obviously, but it is not size or position.

Sam Milton

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello. I have a JVC AV-32260 32" set as part of my HT. It is a good
inexpensive set, will hold me until I can go HD. I have DVE and the
service manual, and adjusted the geometry, color, tint, black and white
level, etc. to get a good picture. However, I cannot figure out most
of the service menu parameters, which is just as well because I
probably shouldn't mess with them anyway.

You have the right idea there. But, if you do jack with the settings, at
least jot down the original numbers before changing them so you can get the
unit back like it was -- that's assuming you don't screw up the display to
the point where you can't see it well enough to change them back.

Also, what is V EHT and H EHT? It is vertical and horizontal something,
related to geometry obviously, but it is not size or position.

high voltage hor/vert compensation...

The full, downloadable service manual for your model can be found he

http://www.manualscenter.com/

or he

http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/advanc...ywords=av32260