Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Enrico

Default What liquid for ultrasonic bath

Hi to all...
On Ebay i've buyed a little ultrasonic bath.
I wont to say what liquid i need to use for wash the flux and clean PCBs...
In past i've used trelin with a paint-brush, but it's not the max with
plastic parts...
I've tried wth denaturated alcohol and water/ammonia, but nothing...

Thanks!!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
The Boz

Enrico wrote:
Hi to all...
On Ebay i've buyed a little ultrasonic bath.

We always used plain water (tap, distilled, whatever) with a bit of
non-sudsing detergent. What exactly are you cleaning?

The Boz
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Isopropyl alcohol works a lot better than denatured alcohol on rosin.
You can buy the 91% stuff in supermarkets if you look around, but the
70% often has glycerin and fragrances added; I'd stay away from that.

Acetone is also good for electronics (provided none of the components
are soluble in it!) but a major fire/fume hazard. Make sure you've got
good ventilation if you're going to mess with that.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie

In article , "Enrico"
wrote:

On Ebay i've buyed a little ultrasonic bath.
I wont to say what liquid i need to use for wash the flux and clean PCBs...

Enrico-

Take care that you don't damage circuit boards with your ultrasonic bath.
Such a bath works best on hard objects and may damage soft materials like
plastics or fiberglass circuit boards. It will create holes in aluminum
foil.

It would clean a watch band or eye glasses with glass lenses using soapy
water, but might damage plastic lenses.

For removing flux, I found a product called "water remover and fuel system
antifreeze" that contains almost pure Isopropyl Alcohol. Sometimes you
can find 98% Isopropyl Alcohol at a drug store. The 70% rubbing alcohol
doesn't work very well, since it contains a lot of water. I use an "acid
brush" to apply it to the circuit boards.

It might be a good idea to use hearing protection around the ultrasonic
bath. Even though you can't hear it, it has an effect on you.

Fred

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fluorolube?

Liquid Stucco and Liquid Siding websoulsurfer Home Repair 10 June 29th 20 07:44 PM
Liquid Siding and Liquid Stucco websoulsurfer Home Ownership 0 November 16th 04 06:31 PM
Bath advice Martin Wilson UK diy 2 November 13th 04 06:44 AM
Sealant around bath not setting! BraileTrail UK diy 14 January 14th 04 08:49 PM
Rubber strip for front edge of bath David W.E. Roberts UK diy 9 October 14th 03 11:50 AM