Harry Collingwood

Default Radio ariel

Got one of those bedside clock radios[Roberts] still under guarantee
so I won't open it but,living on the fringes of the Border I can only
receive one radio programme clearly with the ribbon ariel it has.
I don't want to mess about inside with it but can I put a telescopic
ariel in place of the ribbon ariel?
I really know nothing about reception problems.Thanks
TimPerry

"Harry Collingwood" wrote in message
Got one of those bedside clock radios[Roberts] still under guarantee
so I won't open it but,living on the fringes of the Border I can only
receive one radio programme clearly with the ribbon ariel it has.
I don't want to mess about inside with it but can I put a telescopic
ariel in place of the ribbon ariel?
I really know nothing about reception problems.Thanks

in "fringe" locations outside antennas are generally needed.

if you need better AM reception the select-a-tenna is easy and effective
http://www.ccrane.com/antennas/am-antennas/index.aspx

Harry Collingwood

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:21:18 -0500, "TimPerry"
wrote:

"Harry Collingwood" wrote in message
Got one of those bedside clock radios[Roberts] still under guarantee
so I won't open it but,living on the fringes of the Border I can only
receive one radio programme clearly with the ribbon ariel it has.
I don't want to mess about inside with it but can I put a telescopic
ariel in place of the ribbon ariel?
I really know nothing about reception problems.Thanks

in "fringe" locations outside antennas are generally needed.

if you need better AM reception the select-a-tenna is easy and effective
http://www.ccrane.com/antennas/am-antennas/index.aspx

Thanks for that,just need a way of adapting the ribbon cable to a
telescopic antenna.Cheers

Chrysler Radio 1996 Dodge Stratus (Chrysler Sirrus?) Pinout question with GMC S15 Truck None Electronics Repair 4 July 3rd 04 11:29 PM
Broken Radio JW Electronics Repair 3 May 31st 04 01:05 PM
Radio Volume goes crazy? Maybe a short? (mini-van) lbbs Electronics Repair 14 November 30th 03 11:07 PM
What commercial radio frequencies does Japan use? Eric Sta. Ana Electronics Repair 2 July 28th 03 07:01 AM
Mobile VHF radio problem Bob Engelhardt Electronics Repair 4 July 17th 03 05:43 AM