spooky

Default Toshiba CX2084, Chassis TAC8382

The vertical deflection on this tv has been slowly shrinking. It is now
at the point were the size control is turned all the way up. I have the
schematic for this TV and have replaced the suspect caps relating to
the vertical section on the TA7644 video chrome IC with no success. Has
anyone seen this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Asimov

"spooky" bravely wrote to "All" (12 Nov 05 22:02:45)
--- on the heady topic of "Toshiba CX2084, Chassis TAC8382"

sp From: "spooky"
sp Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:348391

sp The vertical deflection on this tv has been slowly shrinking. It is
sp now at the point were the size control is turned all the way up. I have
sp the schematic for this TV and have replaced the suspect caps relating
sp to the vertical section on the TA7644 video chrome IC with no success.
sp Has anyone seen this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

sp Thanks

Dave,

Just what gave you the idea that changing low level vertical
processing components will fix an obvious vertical output defect?
What got into you, man?!!! ;-)

A)
Change the electros related to the "vertical output", pump up
diode/electro, derived supply filter electro/rectifier, output
electro, and check the solder at the yoke socket, vert output.

B)
Read the faq.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... KPLA: Klingon radio: All glory, all the time!

spooky

Thanks for your reply
So far I have changed C308 2.2uF, C315 100uF 100V, and possibly C409
33uF 35V but I'm not sure. I will have to check inside the set.

Thanks again
Spooky

Tom MacIntyre

On 14 Nov 2005 21:07:45 -0800, "spooky" wrote:

Thanks for your reply
So far I have changed C308 2.2uF, C315 100uF 100V, and possibly C409
33uF 35V but I'm not sure. I will have to check inside the set.

In some oler Toshibas with vertical problems there are 2 2.2uF
capacitors, both being red or brown, and one being a bit removed from
the actual vertical deflection circuitry.

Tom

Thanks again
Spooky