fourkids

Default rear channels coming out front - Yamaha HTR-5150

Before I trash this thing, figured I ask if anyone has hear of this.

I have a Yamaha HTR-5150 receiver. Worked fine for a long time.

A few days ago, sound quality degraded. I ran one of the THX tests on
a dvd, and realized that the rear channels were coming out the front
speakers. This was not the case before, and explains the crappy
quality and echo that has developed...

Any suggestions?

dave

Arfa Daily

"fourkids" wrote in message
ups.com...
Before I trash this thing, figured I ask if anyone has hear of this.

I have a Yamaha HTR-5150 receiver. Worked fine for a long time.

A few days ago, sound quality degraded. I ran one of the THX tests on
a dvd, and realized that the rear channels were coming out the front
speakers. This was not the case before, and explains the crappy
quality and echo that has developed...

Any suggestions?

dave

Check for open grounds on the input ( ProLogic decoders go berserk when they
have two channels referenced to each other, rather than to ground ) and, I
know it sounds silly, and I'm sure that you know its settings inside out,
but just make sure that one of the kids hasn't engaged some odd ball decoder
mode. I've been caught by this sort of thing more than once. If you haven't
pulled the power completely, try doing so for 5 mins to force a system
reset.

Arfa